A family-friendly home designed by the well-known architect, JoÃ£o Favila Menezes, Casa do OC has become an important reference point for contemporary architecture in the region, and as such, respects the fundamental principles of traditional Alentejano architecture in its thoughtful construction. Built on a single floor with windows and patio areas that invite guests to take full advantage of the living space, Casa do OC encourages visitors to explore different ways of engaging with the property and the surrounding countryside, but with all of the benefits and comforts of cosmopolitan living."At Casa do Ã“C, the architectural lines can be best understood from a bird's-eye view perspective: the 'O' is the area in which the bedrooms are nestled, while the 'C' is the space relegated for the kitchen and sitting areas. From the roof-top terrace, one can see the historic villa of Monsaraz while taking in the visceral pleasure of living in a world such as this one." (Isabel Zambujal)
Casa do Ã“C can easily accommodate up to fifteen people in four comfortable bedrooms and sleeping areas, and is ideally configured for three couples with up to six children:
- One bedroom suite with full-sized bed (160x200cm) and WC with bathtub.
- Two separate bedroom suites with either two twin beds (90x200) or one full-sized bed (180x200cm) and WC.
- One shared sleeping area with six beds (90x200) in bunk-bed style along with communal WC.
- We can provide three additional extra beds upon request.
- Outside parking area for up to four cars.
The space also includes an indoor dining area, a living room with fireplace, and a fully equipped kitchen. Central air conditioning is available throughout the house.
The house is surrounded by a Mediterranean garden with three outdoor sitting areas: a cemented patio area near the house with retractable shade-structure ideal for open-air meals, a deck area around the swimming pool next to some of the most beautiful oak trees on the property, and a roof-top terrace perfect for watching the sunset & the stars. Likewise, there are numerous shaded areas under which to rest and take cover from the sun.
Casa do Ã“c also includes:
- Flat screen television and DVD player in living room (without cable access)
- Television and portable DVD player in one of the bedrooms
- Espresso machine (Delta cafÃ©)
- Internet access via mobile connect USB modem with a prepaid 20â‚¬ credit
- iPod docking station
- Four bicycles (adult)
- Alarm system
Board games (Monopoly, Party & Co., playing cards)